Wednesday, February 24, 2010

30DS and 20 minute naps

So I've lost a little weight, 2 or 3 pounds in a week. I didn't take my measurements before I started so I'm thinking about going and getting a measuring tape today. I'm trying to cut back on my portions somewhat, but nothing drastic. I've been doing the 30 day shred for a little over a week now. I do it at least every other day and it only takes 20-30 minutes. I gained between 20 and 30 pounds but I was already overweight so I'd like to lose about 40 pounds altogether. I've always struggled with my weight and have never been really committed to exercise so this is a HUGE life style change for me. But with support from my dh I've been doing pretty well and getting better. I think it helps not just to think of it as losing the baby weight, but deciding to be fit for life. I don't want to hit my mark just to be disappointed with myself a year later when I'm back in size 13 jeans! I love being curvy (picture Shakira and Beyonce) so I'm not worried about trying to be Paris Hilton, I just want to be the healthiest, hottest me!

Also I have to get some fenugreek as my milk supply seems to have decreased somewhat. I'm a little worried that the exercise and slight cut in calories has affected my supply. If it comes down to losing weight or continuing to bf then I will choose breastfeeding.

The baby has been a little tough with naps lately. He's been taking about 5 twenty minute naps a day. But he's seems to be doing all right so I don't mind being a little more worn out than usual.

Mike has been working from 1:30 to 10 at night which can be lonely, but my mom comes over most nights for at least half an hour so it's not too bad. I think the baby prefers his daddy to work mornings though. I think it allows him to wind down better at night knowing his daddy is home.

Well lo is getting tired here so I'm going to rescue him from his jumper. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools