Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wannabe Work at Home Mom

I just went on maternity leave. It's early but my job requires a lot of lifting, bending, standing and it had just started taking a really uncomfortable toll on my body. My Doc agreed that it was about time for me to take leave, so here I am. At home. And to make an embarrassing confession; I can't drive. I am horrible at it. So I'm stuck in the area. But I will learn how to drive when the baby is born.

Anyway! I've got my heart set on finding a way to work from home. I can't stand the idea of leaving my baby with someone else. And it really doesn't make any sense for me to go to work when I'll only be making enough to pay for the daycare.

But it's hard to find legit work from home offers. At this point we're thinking a) home day care. I've taken care of multiple kids regularly before so I think it would be doable. But with my very first child in infancy I find it a daunting aspect, quite possibly too much to handle. B) Data entry. Hubby says his sister is doing it scam free so we have to talk to her about the company she works with.

This is definitely the coolest and most amazing thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't give it up for every one of your anonymous lives ;) But it can be overwhelming. I mean, I'm standing here at the foot of Mt. Everest clad in California Casual sans climbing gear, and hey! Where the hell is my Sherpa?

3 comments:

  1. awww .. this is sweet, congratulations on the new born :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there! i have an award for you on my blog. all the best in this new chapter of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww working from home would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools