Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pregnancy induced lactose intolerance!

Hey everyone. This is my first blog post on bloggerdotcom. I'm 22, engaged and pregnant. Yeah we mixed it up a little bit :p This blog is for those pregger vixens out there who suddenly find that they can not drink milk while they are pregnant without throwing up.

You aren't weird. It was hard for me to find written confirmation of this, but it seems to be that because our digestive systems have slowed with pregnancy we can no longer tolerate lactose, the main sugar in cow milk, which is already difficult to digest. Best tip I've heard is to try lactose reduced milk. I'm too biased to try soy or rice milk. I'm gonna try the lactose reduced milk and post a review.

And remember, always ask your doc before you try something new out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools