Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Brown Rice Pudding

My mom used to make rice pudding a lot when I was little. Oh man was it good! Well I have been craving some but I don't buy white rice since I'm trying to be healthier. So I looked up a recipe for brown rice pudding and I thought I'd share it for any of you homey desert lovers.


Ingredients

* 2 cups cooked whole grain brown rice
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
* 1-2 cup dark raisin (optional)
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg or allspice

Directions

1. In medium saucepan, combine rice, milk, syrup [& raisins, if including them], & bring to boil.

2. Reduce heat & simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.

3. Remove from heat & stir in butter & cinnamon.

4. If desired, garnish with additional cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools